Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of most commonly asked questions:
How do I create a new user account?
In order to register for courses online, you must have an account with University of West Alabama - Division of Economic & Workforce Development. Creating an account also gives you online access to view your registration history, change your address and more.
You can go to our Sign up page to create a new account.
Note: you must have an email address to set up an account with us.
What courses do you currently offer?
Select one of the Lookup Courses links (in the left navigation bar) to see the list of courses we currently offer.
How do I register for a course?
To register for a course:
- Look Up Course - look up the course you want to enroll in on our Course Listing page.
- Add to Cart - click the Enroll Yourself button to start the registration process.
- Logon - log on to the system. Note: if you're already logged on, this step will be skipped.
- Select Course Options - select the course fee options (i.e. select registration fee, add optional fees), and enter additional information requested, if any (i.e. t-shirt size, etc.).
- Add More Courses - if you are enrolling in other courses, click the Enroll in Another Course button and repeat steps 1, 2, and 4. Otherwise, continue to step 6.
- Proceed to Checkout - once you have added all the desired courses to your Enrollment Cart, click the Proceed to Checkout button to continue the registration process.
- Make Payment - edit your personal information if necessary then click the Payment Service button to continue on to our Payment Service to make your payment.
- Registration Confirmed - when you are finished with the payment process, the Transaction Completed page is displayed notifying you that you are enrolled in the course(s). A confirmation email with the registration specifics is also sent to your email address. At this time, you can safely log off the system.
Which methods of payment do you accept?
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOT PROCESSED WITHOUT PAYMENT. Online/Telephone/Fax: Credit Card Only (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, and Discover credit) We do not accept Discover debit. Mail/In Person: Check, Money Order or Credit Card. Do not mail cash. Cash is accepted only in person. Valid driver’s license and phone number required on all checks.
What is the cancellation policy if I am unable to attend?
All classes require a minimum enrollment to be offered. Classes will not be conducted without sufficient registration. Classes may also be cancelled due to inclement weather. You will be notified by our office only if the class is cancelled. Classes Cancellations must be made (by phone, fax, or in writing) no later than 10 working days prior to the beginning of the course. Cancellations made 10 days prior to the beginning of the course receive a refund minus a 10 percent administrative fee. Course fees are non-refundable on cancellations made after the 10 working days. Conference/Events/Workshops No cancellations/substitutions allowed. Summer Youth Programs Registration fees are non-refundable. Once a registration has been processed, transfers between comparable youth programs may be made free of charge if made more than five business days prior to program start date. Exclusions made to this policy if grant funded program. NOTE: University of West Alabama reserves the right to substitute instructors, change class schedules and cancel programs due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances. If a class is cancelled by UWA, you will be given a full refund within 30 days after cancellation. University of West Alabama Continuing Education reserves the right to cancel, postpone, limit enrollment, split or combine classes and change times and locations when necessary. If we cancel a course, you will be notified and receive a full refund. Failure to attend does not constitute a cancellation.
How do I cancel a registration?
You cannot cancel a registration online. To cancel a registration, you must contact:
*Please include your full name and address, registration details for the course you want to cancel (i.e. course code, title, and dates) and a day time phone number where we can contact you.
What do I do if I've lost my password?
You can send a request for your password to be sent to your email address on our Lookup Password page.
How can I find out what courses I'm registered in?
To see a list of courses in which you are enrolled, visit the Registration History page then click the appropriate button:
- Upcoming Courses - view a list of your upcoming courses with dates and location
- Completed Courses - view a list of completed courses with the hours and grades earned